Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sharing Rick Springfield: Priceless

After last week’s glorious announcement of a very special headliner for the 17th  Mankato Ribfest, I am sure all of you were certain about what this newest blog would be about. Yes, I certainly could expound on how wonderful it will be for our community to have such a talented, and super cool Rock Star like Rick Springfield grace the stage of the Vetterstone Amphitheater.  
But, not one to ever state the obvious, I am taking a different approach to this piece of much-longed-for news. I do believe having someone of Rick Springfield’s caliber and fan base is going to have a great financial impact on our city. You see, I am not the only one who travels all around to see him several times a year, as you will all see in August. Fans, like me, will be converging on Mankato from all parts of the country. So hotels and restaurants and, yes, bars, will see an uptick. But to me personally, what is most valuable is the chance to share with all of you the unabashed fun that is a Rick Springfield concert. (And bonus! I get the chance to show off all of you to my Rick family!)
I decided to tally up my expenditures from my years of “touring” with Rick. And I realize having him come to me, will be far more economical. Here’s the breakdown…
Airline tickets: $1800.
Hotel rooms, $1000.
Food and drink, $800.
Sharing this experience with my community: Priceless.

Yes, I look forward to the show. But what I look forward to the most is the chance to show all of you, why Rick Springfield and the friends I’ve met on my journey with him, are like all of you: a big part of My Good Life.

1 comment:

  1. Get me tickets cousin and I'll come see you both.. See you soon...

    ReplyDelete